Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Raya

If you know Raya at all this picture is pretty much all it takes to explain her.  Her sense of style is unique, and she will wear what she wants regardless of your opinion.  She is lazy yet indignant, if she wants her feet up her feet will be up.  When you think she is being good and distracted by watching Phineas and Ferb on your computer, no, she is sneakily taking pictures with your camera, of her feet no less.  

CIMG3765

CIMG3762

If you have ever seen Despicable Me, and can remember the little character Edith, then you pretty much know Raya.

CIMG3498

Yes we leave the house with her looking like these pictures on a regular basis.  Costco is no stranger to Raya the bum.  Actually she usually looks like a Beach bum, because she doesn’t like to have her hair done, and if it is she usually takes it out so she has crazy wavy dirty blonde hair, and she wears whatever she wants, usually unmatching. So Perry nick named her our Beach Girl, and she runs around telling everyone she is Daddy’s Beach Girl. 

 

 

CIMG3842

CIMG3843

I don’t know how late it was but she snuck out of bed to play by the light of the nightlight, she turned around when she saw my soft flash.  Look at those cheeks, such a cute thing, if she wasn’t so cute, oh man, she’d be toast.

 

 

CIMG3459

If I happen to take a picture of her when she isn’t doing something sneaky, its always some crazy pose.

 

 

CIMG3952

Every now and then she does something crazy sweet, like pick me a bunch of flowers.

 

 

But seriously I have no words for my daughter Raya.  She is nothing like Eyla, she doesn’t care to help, she likes to have her way, actually lets rephrase that, she doesn’t know how to manage unless she gets her way.  She says the funniest and weirdest things.  And the only thing she has really ever tried to perfect is her whiny voice.  The funny thing is she really is a happy little thing.   And can whine and laugh all in the same 2 seconds.  Wow. 

CIMG3864

 

 

Because all the pictures I have of her are either crazy dressed pictures, her doing something sneaky, or her just posing her guts out because she is phony bologna,  I will give you a taste of our Raya by sharing with you some of the hilarious things she says.

 

“That sugar is made out of snow”

“No I don’t want to take a shower with Eyla, she takes all the rain.”

Talking to her little friend about his spider bites and how spiders have sneaky feet and quiet bites, she exclaims, “Like Santa!”

Parking one day at church Perry said, “When in gets hotter we’ll park under that tree.”  Raya gets excited, “Then we can have popcorn!”

Pulling out our swimming stuff, She gives a big sigh and says “I am soooo happy.”

On a walk the other day I say watch when you cross the street, (it was an inlet into a parking lot) she said, “It’s ok those cars are just tired.”  Oh they’re tired? I said.  “Ya, they is just lazy, them is out of injury (energy).”

 

And the best for last…..

Watching Swan Princess.  “Mom, she cries so beautiful, I wish I could do that.” 

She said this multiple times, even after the movie was over. What in the world??? I tell you what, that is an actress in the making, a 3 year old who wants to perfect her cry so she can cry as beautiful as the cartoon Odette.  That is Raya.

2 comments:

Ryan and Mikell said...

hahaha. I loved this. and I have yet to master the art of crying beautifully, so let me know what her trick is when she figures it out :)

Andrea Lee U.R. said...

Oh my goodness!! Your kids are so darn cute!!! That blush picture takes the cake. That must have taken a WHILE to clean up. But it sure made for a good picture. ;)