Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Thumb of Pacifier?

I have never given any of my babies a pacifier (and never will). However, is that better than a thumb? Afterall you can take a pacifier away if it becomes a habit. Rockwell has sucked his thumb since the day he was born. I get done feeding him and he immediately finds his thumb. Don't worry it's not because he is hungry, anyone who has seen him knows he isn't lacking food. I worry that he will turn 4 or 5 have a shrunken thumb and have to be persuaded with a barbie blender (marilyn :)) in order to stop the habit. If it gets to that I will definitely find a more manly toy to persuade him to stop. Though I worry about it becoming a habit right now I find it absolutely adorable and can't get enough of him smacking away on his thumb.

2 comments:

Morrise Family said...

I don't do paci's, either, but I sometimes wish my babies would suck their thumbs! I sucked my thumb until I was 5 and I'm pretty sure I'm not suffering any negative consequences because of it. I say embrace any form of self-comforting that your baby will do!

jer and lous crew said...

hi girlie...i sucked my thumb until i was at least a freshman in high school...i know i know probably shouldn't admit that one but o'well...it is a comfort thing and i'm sure he will be just fine...super cute family...loves