Monday, May 14, 2012

Eyla May May

You are 5! How did 5 years go so fast? 

I like to try and get a picture of them right as they are waking up on their birthday.  But she is always so quick and up and making her bed before I am even kind-of awake. 

CIMG4344

CIMG4346

How old are you??

 

When we asked her what she wanted to do for her birthday she said swimming with…..  then she proceeded to name everyone she knew.  So we opted on just surprising her by taking her to the rec center with close family.   She of course loved it and 4 1/2 hours was not enough, they could have been there all day. 

CIMG4370

CIMG4368

CIMG4372

CIMG4377

It was so fun. 

 

When we got home she decorated her cake.

CIMG4392

  She picked “angry birds” as her theme.  I know what your thinking, lay off the gaming for that kid.  But seriously we don’t even have a smart device of any kind, no pad, no smartphone.  She became an angry bird lover from playing occasionally of her aunts ipad and our friends tablet.  Funny girl.

CIMG4394

Long day swimming=sound asleep that night.

 

 

Since we knew we would be wiped out after swimming on her birthday we planned on doing presents and birthday dinner the next day. She chose homemade chicken noodle soup (I make a mean one) and bread bowls (I rock that too :)).

Then we opened presents the “favorite part of [her] birthday.”  As quoted from her journal that she got from Aunt Char on her birthday. 

CIMG4400

CIMG4405

CIMG4409

CIMG4414

CIMG4417

CIMG4429

CIMG4424

Aunt Char gave them all new squirt guns for the pool (so much for me and ruby staying dry) 

And check out Rockwells eye.  I don’t know what happened all the sudden he was rubbing it like crazy and it was all swollen.  We washed it up (and his hands), ice packed it, put some Neosporin in it and by the night it was all better.  But it was random and I get stressed when something happens that I have no idea how or why!

CIMG4419

sad huh?

 

 

 

And little Raya. 

CIMG4430

This picture reminded me of something she said in the pool last summer.  It was to Perry, he was swimming around and she called him over and said in a sweet soft voice with her hands behind her back, “I have a little somethin’ for ya.”  As he gets closer to receive whatever she has for him bam she pulls out her squirt gun and nails him.  Where did she learn that?  It was hilarious!

 

 

Cake time….

CIMG4432

CIMG4435

CIMG4440

CIMG4439

It took her like 5 minutes to blow out her candles.  Haha, bless her little heart.

 

 

 

And since Sunday was Mothers Day and for me it all began with Eyla, I had to snag an old picture of me and her.  I can’t believe that I don’t actually have one of my first mothers day, but she was born on a saturday so this counts within like 12 hours right?

My 1st Mothers Day, 5 years ago.

DSC_0037

Mothers Day 2012

CIMG4397

Heaven on earth. 

4 comments:

Jeni said...

What a beautiful family you have! I can't believe you have a five year old! Gorgeous like her mom! :)

Kaysie said...

Aww sweet Eyla. Can't believe our oldests are 5 . Loved seeing a newborn pic of her! And cute picture of you all on the couch!!!!!

Andrea Lee U.R. said...

I love that last picture!! What a fun birthday for a cute little girl!! :)

Ryan and Mikell said...

It was so fun to look at all these pictures. Next year when you guys live in Lehi we'll be able to party with her! :) you have the cutest kids. In one of those pics Raya looks like a little sister missionary. white dress and what looks like a missionary tag. :) What a fun birthday!